The City of Paragould is currently accepting applications for the position of night shift E911 Dispatcher in the Paragould Police Department. Hours are from 6pm – 6am. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting or bookkeeping.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Minimum age of 18.
- No felony and/or class A misdemeanor convictions.
- Successful completion of background investigation.
- The City will require a medical examination and drug screen after an offer of employment has been made to a job applicant and prior to the commencement of the employment duties of such applicant and will condition an offer of employment on the results of such examination.
- Certificate on ACIC Terminal Operations (obtain within first six months of employment).
Applications may be printed from the Human Resources web page or picked up from City Hall located at 301 W. Court St. Applications may be returned to the Human Resources office Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm. When returning completed applications, a résumé must be attached. Contact Human Resource Director, Tisha Baldwin @ (870)239-7511, with any questions.
THE CITY OF PARAGOULD ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS ON A CONTINUAL BASIS FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT. YOU MAY APPLY FROM 8:30 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M. MONDAY - FRIDAY AT THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE IN CITY HALL.
THE EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATIONS FOR CITY JOBS ARE:
- POLICE OFFICER
- POLICE DISPATCHER
- FIRE FIGHTER/DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
- FULL AND PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE AND CLERICAL
- PARKS AND RECREATION EMPLOYEES
- PARKS MAINTENANCE EMPLOYEES
- PUBLIC WORKS/GENERAL LABOR
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN
THE CITY OF PARAGOULD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THE CITY OF PARAGOULD DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS OR OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.