Applicants must meet the following requirements established by the Arkansas Commission of Law Enforcement Standards:
- Applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED certification.
- Applicant must possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license at the time of hire, with no record of suspension or revocation in any state.
- Applicant must have no felony convictions.
- Applicant must be of good moral character. A comprehensive background investigation will be conducted.
- Applicant will be required to pass a physical agility test and a written police officer selection test. Applicant will also be interviewed by an interview board.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States as of the date of the written test.
- Applicant must live within or move to within a 35-minute drive time of the police department.
- The City of Paragould will require a psychological and medical examination (including drug screen) after an offer of employment has been made to a job applicant and prior to the commencement of the employment duties of said applicant. Condition of employment is dependent on results of said exams.
- Starting base pay is $39,024 which includes 11 paid holidays. For certified officers, pay will be calculated based on experience
- 12 hour shifts
- Paid Vacation (120 hours per year)
- Paid Sick Time (Accrued per pay period, up to 480 hours)
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee
- Retirement through LOPFI (Local Police and Fire Retirement)
- Take Home Unit after completion of probationary period
- Employee Assistance Program available
- Free access to city-owned gym
- Facial hair and visible tattoos are permissible. Beards/goatees must be kept neat and no longer than ½ inch. Beards must follow the jaw line and shall not grow down the neck. Tattoos that are visible in uniform shall not be offensive in nature. Visible tattoos found to be offensive must be covered up. No visible tattoos will be displayed on the face, head, or neck.
The City of Paragould is an equal opportunity employer. The City of Paragould does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status or other legally protected statuses.
Apply online www.cityofparagould.com/jobs